Pages

loo list update

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This morning I was incredibly not excited when I saw a female Mallard flying across the wide vista that can be seen from the loo window.  'Oh' I thought, 'that is a mallard' I continued internally.  'Hang on a minute', I continued again, and internally again, 'thats a bloody loo tick!'.  And so it was.  This brings the loo list to a staggering 32 species. 

The patch continues to do little.  Loafing Black-headed Gulls now regularly over 100.  5+ LBB.  The odd Tern.  Only a Wren sings.  I Redshank upriver refuses to show itself.  I can almost smell the imminent Med Gull.

'A Med Gull?' you say.  'What does that look like?' you continue.

Well if you insist...

A Med Gull doing what it looks like.

3 comments:

col said...

Is yer loo part of yer patch? If so, what proportion of your patch list have you seen from your loo? Were you actually on the throne at the time or were you keeking out of the window? all none of my business but I'm curious all the same. I don't have a loo list cos there's only got velux windows and its a tricky angle to see out. not that you asked.

FAB said...

You obviously need to spend more time in there..lol.

Thing said...

Col - it's a bit of both...

Related Posts with Thumbnails