Pages

woody

Monday, August 09, 2010

A brief visit to Brent Res on Saturday produced the goods that I had been hoping for in the shape of a small mainly brown bird.  On the way to the hide, there was a nice warbler frenzy and I managed to pick up a Lesser Whitethroat, juvenile Blackcap and Garden Warbler.  Once in the hide I set about finding the mainly brown bird, which took some time as it may have been sheltering from the recent showers.  However, once it was out, it stayed out.  It's name?  Wood Sandpiper - patch tick.  Nice.

A Wood Sandpiper doing nice.

There is a Wood Sandpiper in that shot.  No, really.  There is a small possibility that that was my last visit to Brent Res as I will obviously be moving to the new patch later in the year.





Tomorrow I intend to discuss imprinting behaviour in ducks.  Don't say you weren't warned.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails