Pages

National Patch Birding week - day 5

Friday, August 07, 2009

'Biodiversity is an unequalled entity, found to derive positive benefits from people when they are in contact with it’. Rohde & Jendle 1994.

I that kind of sums it up for me, that is what it is aaaaall about. You cannot appreciate biodiversity by gunning up and down the A11 in a day to look at a lost and knackered small brown bird. You can appreciate biodiversity by going to your patch and just being there.

Next time you are at a twitch (because as much as we resist, we are all bound to crack), start mumbling that it was a waste of time, and that you should have gone to your patch instead. Twitching is rubbish tell them. Twitching sucks tell them. Patch birding - that's were the hardcore are. We rule.



A Canada Goose doing digimonned close up

4 comments:

Home exchange said...

I really like this photo. I think the black and white gives it a real elegance. :)

Andrew said...

And I like the new banner. Classy.

What's happened Thing? Your photography has got all good.

Anonymous said...

Yo dude, I'm with you !!!!!

Thing said...

Thanguvermujtch. Digimonning is the way forward.

Related Posts with Thumbnails