Pages

Record Breaker

Monday, August 10, 2009


On Saturday there was a Little Egret at Brent Reservoir. It stayed overnight and was still there on Sunday. I understand that this is the first time that a Little Egret has been known to stay overnight, hence the title. Needless to say that it didn't hang around long enough on Sunday for me to see it. Which would have been nice. I did see a Kingfisher though, which is always welcome.

Later that same day, Mrs Thing and I were in one of the local parks, when a Heron was spotted in a tree (not by me initially I hasten to add). I proceeded to digimon it's arse off. As I was observing the Heron, my experience told me that it was going to evacuate it's bowels. As I was quite close, and it was pointing it's rear end towards me, I thought that I would retreat. Sure enough it pointed it's arse skyward and let a couple of pints out. If I had stayed where I was, it would not have got me, but you can't be too careful I reckon.


Knowledge is a wonderful thing...




A Heron doing stretching or something.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool pics
*

Related Posts with Thumbnails