Pages

Off their trolley!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Subsequent to yesterdays observation of the mentalist Coots nest material collection, I wandered further up the river today to have a look to see if they are actually making a nest and what stage they are at.

Well, they are making a nest in the upturned shopping trolley and ski ensemble as they did last year (assuming that it is the same pair).




Already they are sitting on the nest.


And they have four eggs in the nest.






Which are doomed.




As I follow the drama (a sort of ornithological film noir), I shall of course update you dear reader. When I see the blog followers withdrawing and the Fatbirder ranking heading back towards four figures, I’ll know that you’ve had enough.

In the meantime, have an arty farty pic of a Grey Wag from yesterday.


2 comments:

Bryan Rains said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bryan Rains said...

They never seem to learn but I suppose persistence will pay off in the end.

Related Posts with Thumbnails