Pages

Swearing at the telly

Thursday, March 05, 2009

I watched Nature’s Great Events last night, and the footage of the Gannets was truly spectacular. The distant shots of the large flock machine gunning into the sardine shoal was just stunning. I basically sat in front of the tellybox swearing my tits off as the film got better and better. It wasn’t a conversation, just a one way ornithological tuourette’s. A kind of jizz-jazz free form improv swearing.

“Shiiiiiiiit!”
“Fuuuuuuuuck!”
“Kinelllll!”
“Fuckinhell!”
“Whoooaaaa!”
“Fucking look at that!”
“Fuckin-aaaada!”
Look!
“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuckinace!”

I found a Stock Dove on the foreshore yesterday, which is only the second time I have seen them in the patch. This is the patch equivalent of african Gannets going ballistic into the sea.

No, I know, I’m struggling to believe that myself.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails