Pages

Whacked out.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

After some cogitation by a few slightly more experienced gullers, it would seem that yesterdays postage of a putative Caspian is in fact a Yellow Legged Gull. Albeit a YLG with long pinky legs and a funny head. I'm tempted to go along with the Punkbirders advice from last winter 'Don't do gulls', but you and I know dear reader that it just isn't going to happen.

And it is catching. A recent visitor to this blog found it by entering 'blogs for larophiles' into google - I expect that he didn't linger too long. Alan is at it too, and I dare say that a fair few bloggers will be joining in before the winter is out. If you want more Larobloggage, you could do a lot worse than this...Gulls on Film

Perhaps there should be health warnings on field guides. Once you inhale your first Med, it's downhill from there sonny-jim. Soon you'll be stringing funny looking Black-heads into Bonapartes, 2cy Common to Ring-billed and any vaguely pale winged Herring into a Thayers. It's inevitable, and there is no escape. Just look at me, it's too late already. I'm so totally off me head and whacked out on gulls I'm probably even repeating previous posts without noticing it!

Have a cheeky young Med from last week. On a beach. Oh, niiice...



Go on, turn round for the camera.

Aw, go on.



Aw, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on




Go on, go on, go on go on, go on, go on, go on.



Go on, go on, go on, oh, you did. Thank you already.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

That would be a ecumenical matter

Alan Tilmouth said...

Cheers for the links, no matter how hard I try I can't improve my Gull ID.

Related Posts with Thumbnails