Pages

T-T-T-TIDE! How low can you go?

Monday, March 01, 2010

Following that incredible post title I'm tempted to go into a themed rap by using the lyrics to Bring The Noise by Public Enemy, but then thought better of it.  For the best I think.

This week there will be the lowest day time tides on the Thames for 5 years (so I am reliably informed) you can see the times and all that by clicking in this area.  This gives the very worthy people at Thames21 a chance to do a 'deep clean' on Tuesday and Wednesday and gives a patch birder the chance to moan that there are no birds around because loads of people are wandering around the foreshore.  I aim to take a few snaps and stuff anyway because it's interesting..

So rather than show you a picture of any of the above.  Have a picture of the bird that I dragged Mrs Thing along to see this weekend.  No shit!  It's a Mandarin!

A Mandarin doing everything.

2 comments:

Razboynik said...

What stunningly beautiful bird..

Larry said...

Gorgeous shot of the Mandarin Duck Thing! I have yet to see one of these beauties since they do not naturally occur here in the states.

We have the similar Wood Duck which I consider one of the most beautiful birds in North America.

Related Posts with Thumbnails